New Years Resolutions 2016

After seeing Yasmin (mentioned in my last post) tweet her blog post about her new years resolutions, I decided that writing a blog post on mine was a good idea to 1. get my butt into gear and actually decide on the resolutions I want to follow, and 2. to actually stick to them this year. Every New Years Eve, I make new resolutions and stick to them for maybe a month, and then I get off track and give up, or forget about them. So this year, I'm going to actually try and get through the whole year following them! Maybe one of my resolutions should be to stick to the resolutions. I also have the tendency to want to make my resolutions something silly like "use less exclamation marks" or "stop using "lmao" in every sentence"-in all honesty it's actually turning into a problem, if you're friends with me or follow me on twitter you'll know this- but this post is some more serious resolutions that I will hopefully stick to!



1.Drink more water.
I am sooo bad at drinking water, despite the fact that water is the only cold drink I drink- I hate squash/juice/anything squash-like or juice-like. I always forget that I have a glass of water and leave it half-full on my bed side table and then have a collection of about 6 glasses in my room. I also tend to have a cup of tea or coffee rather than water, mainly because someone else will offer to make it for me! I drink decaf tea and coffee so it's not as bad for me, but having a glass of water is so much more beneficial, so in 2016 I'm going to try and substitute a cup of tea for a glass of water a day, and also have a water bottle that I fill up at the start of the day and aim to have to re-fill it a few times a day.


2. Manage my money better.
If you follow me on twitter, you'll have probably seen my tweets about how much money I managed to spend on coffee/makeup/clothes/books/loads of crap I really didn't need that day/week/month. 2015 was definitely not a great year for me in terms of managing my money. I'm 100% the type of person who, once they have money, will want to go out and spend it. I'm also the type of person who will pay for their friends drinks/food/lend them money and then feel too bad to ask for it back or sometimes even forget that I lent them money in the first place, so that's another thing I need to work on! In 2016, I'm going to aim to stop buying stuff for my friends unless they can pay me back the next day (sorry, friends), and I'm going to stop buying so much coffee when I'm at college because it adds up very quickly. I'm also going to try and keep all the receipts I get this year so I can keep track of what I've bought, rather than forgetting about the new clothes I've bought after a week and wanting to go and buy some more!


3. Get more sleep.
I. am. so. bad. at. sleeping. enough. I have to get up at 5:30 am for college, and I don't normally  get home until around 7 pm due to the buses being exceptionally slow. Add the fact that the course I do includes lots of dancing, I'm normally really tired by the end of the day, so technically I should be able to sleep really well. Yeah. that doesn't happen. I have bad insomnia and have tried so many techniques to get sleep- medication, relaxation apps, reading before bed, deep breathing, etc. but nothing really works that well for me. Somehow, this year I'm going to try and get more sleep, maybe by going to bed a lot earlier so that by the time I get to sleep it won't be quite as late, or trying new sleeping tablets, or by doing some exercise before bed to make me feel more fatigued. Hopefully something will work!


4. Eat better.
OK, so "eat better" is a bit of a vague statement, but there's a reason for that. I don't necessarily mean eat clean or eat healthily, but I mean eat better for myself. For me, that means eating more protein, eating a larger variety of foods, and really, eating more in general. I have a very small group of safe foods that I will eat, and I think that this is the year that I need to get my butt in gear and actually really try new foods, rather than avoiding them or automatically assuming that I won't like the food. I'd also like to eat healthier because I don't have an extremely healthy diet at the moment, but first I need to actually expand the group of foods that I do eat in order to start eating the healthy things! Another reason that 2016 is the year I've finally realised that I need to eat better, is because of the college course I'm doing and the type of career I want in the future. A performer can't live off cereal, as much as I'd like that to be true. 


5. Wear my glasses.
I have glasses that I've been given for using on the computer, whilst reading, etc. and despite having them for years, I always forget to wear them, and over time my prescription has gotten stronger because my eyes are getting worse! I can't remember the last time I wore my new glasses- I'm not even wearing them now. Oops. This year I really will try to wear them when I need to, starting tomorrow because they're in the car right now and I'm in my pyjamas and I'm not going outside in my pyjamas- maybe an extra resolution should be to stop being so lazy?

So, there are 5 of my resolutions for 2016! I hope they inspire you to come up with your own, and if they didn't, I hope you enjoyed laughing at all my failures in the money spending/glasses/food/water drinking departments over the past year. Have a good day!

Abbie Xx

Popular Posts